I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Sparkler to Toast the Season

I didn't know about these wonderful wines until I found myself in Limoux, France and found out that this sparkler - Blanquette de Limoux - (arguably) predates Champagne. The Delmas is not only tasty, it is organic and affordable... so really quite guilt free. As I have said in previous posts, there are really some wonderful sparkling wines done in the Traditional Method that are much more appealing than Champagne simply because of the price...


DELMAS CUVÉE - TRADITION BRUT - BLANQUETTE DE LIMOUX, FRANCE - $ 18.95
Nose of green apple and brioche with a creamy palate of apple with a lime finish. Elegant.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=179978

http://www.blanquette-delmas-bio.com/la-gamme-delmas

2 comments: