I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Friday, August 12, 2011

What's on the grill? Likely goes with this wine...

Busy, busy work week. No time to review more of my California tastings... But, there was time to enjoy a fabulously-priced rench wine, full of character! Last year I fell in love with the Corbieres region, the wines spoke to me so much more once I had been there. Drinking them was like breathing the garrigue-soaked-air.

I picked this up in Montreal at SAQ and drove it across provincial lines before everyone decided it was okay to do so. Not sneaky or daring, just thinking the whole thing was stupid and wanting to get wine the LCBO didn't offer. This one was a gem because it is only $12.00 - in the US under $10.


Pellerin Domaines Et Châteaux -  La Réserve De Bubas -2008, Corbières, France - $11.95
Intense nose of black fruit, smoke, garrigue - follows through, savoury on the palate.




No comments:

Post a Comment