I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Elegant, Easy-Drinking New World Value

I admit that I have so much to write about after my recent trip to France that I can barely organise my thoughts. Between work, school and my blog, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Social media is a pleasure and a pain, life can be so busy that it is hard to be consistent... so I decided to cut myself a break and just write this week about a wonderful Chilean find. Yes, still finding time to taste wine and oh yeah, conveniently there is a French connection, just to make me feel better. Run don't walk...

BARON PHILLIPPE DE ROTHSCHILD - ESCUDO ROJO, 2008 - MAIPO, CHILE $14.55
Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere, Syrah & Cabernet Franc blend. Nose of spicy blackberry with hints of tobacco and slight mint. Integrated and elegant on the palate. Extra yummy with aged, hard cheese.


http://www.bpdr.com/xgb/default.asp

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=590331

3 comments: