I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Something that Sparkles for the Holidays!

Challenged by "Blogger's Block" after a month away studying, I wondered how to dip my toe back in. Then it hit me, something as light and sparkly as Christmas twinkle lights. Bubbly! Best of all, great value for money bubbly, and in the big scheme of celebrational, traditional method, sparklers - hardly much money at all.

Roederer Estate - Brut - Sparkling, Anderson Valley, CA $28.95
Mineral, biscuit, apple and lemon aromas. Refreshingly crisp citrus finish. Incredible value.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=294181
http://www.roedererestate.com/TechSheet.php?Wine=113



Featherstone - Joy - Blanc de Blancs - Niagara, ON $34.95
The name is right, what a Joy! Citrus and green apple notes. Delicate mousse and lovely minerality on the palate. Long finish. Very limited production.

http://www.featherstonewinery.ca/wines.html

1 comment:

  1. Wow. looking amazing. The world of wine is a wonderful world of flavors, food pairing, vintages, grape varieties, growing regions and fun. It brings on laughter, camaraderie, sharing, good times, mellow times and friendship.

    ReplyDelete