I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Great Whites - The Trilogy

It is a hot summer and whites seem most appealing so I can't seem to stop writing about them. Although alcohol is not thirst quenching per say, a cool beer or chilled wine seem most agreeable on a sweltering summer day.

This week, my two choices are as different as can be, but both elegant and pleasing. Versatile sippers or food companions.



SAGET LA PERRIÈRE - MARIE DE BEAUREGARD - VOUVRAY 2009, LOIRE - $17.95
A subtle chalky minerality on the nose, with pear and a tangerine high note. Off dry palate, rich mouthfilling ginger honeyed layers - stonefruit and citrus. Lengthy finish with a lively minerality. Such a nice long cork, perhaps I should have held on to it for a while. Wine Spectator says drink through 2016. At this price, I may just have to find more...

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=276691

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1080299


TAWSE WINERY - CHARDONNAY MUSQUE 2011, NIAGARA PENINSULA - $23.95
Aromatic clone of Chardonnay. Stone fruit, lime blossom and citrus nose with a hint of flinty minerality. Elegant long finish of lemon and peach. Only 1330 bottles, always goes fast.

http://tawsewinery.ca/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=160

No comments:

Post a Comment